Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Favorite 2nd Brother

I'm not just a stage mom to Aly, but I'm a stage ate to my three siblings as well.  I just want to say that have the best siblings ever!  Very good looking too!  Hehe!
a
a
Arms wrapped around each other on new year's eve in Tagaytay.
a
a
I love them all just the same and I'm equally proud of all three.  But today, the spotlight shines on our youngest, Jof, because it's his birthday.
a
a
Showing off our prizes during our family Christmas party.  Jof, you can use that blender to make margaritas tonight!
a
a
When he was little, I'd make this kissing sound with my lips and he'd always come to me to kiss me.  It was like a kissing signal of sorts and it worked all the time!  No matter what he was doing, he would drop it when he hears my kissing signal.  But as he grew older, my kissing signal lost its power.  Haha!
a
a
I can still remember the day he showed his ate that he's no longer a baby.  When I was in 2nd year college, I'd drive my two siblings (Angel and Jof) to school everyday.  Every morning, I would drive from Tagaytay, drop them off in Alabang, head on to Taft and back in the afternoon.  It was a long drive so we kept ourselves entertained with cd's and the radio.  There was a famous song back then (can't remember the title) and everytime they'd hear that song on the radio, they'd crank the volume up and sing.  They loved it!  So one day, I surprised them with a cd.  Jof and I were waiting at the school parking lot for Angel in our Nissan Vanette when I showed him the cd.  I asked him if he liked my surprise and he said yes.  I told him to give me a kiss, but he said, "ate, ang daming tao sa labas".  Haha!  He was barely out of grade school that time.
a
a
Jof in Hongkong, 2009.
a
a
Sigh...that seemed like ages ago.  He's grown a lot since then and he's definitely not my baby brother anymore.  He may no longer respond to my kissing signal anymore, but ate will always be here for you no matter what.
a
a
To my favorite 2nd brother, happy birthday!  May all your wishes come true.  I love you!
a
a
P.S Hinihintay ka ni kuya Richard mo dito.  He's excited to show you the different kinds of beer that he saw in Villa Market last Sunday.  Sigurado daw na magugustuhan mo yon.
a
a
Thank you, Lord for my wonderful siblings.  Please continue to guide and bless them everyday.  Please keep them in good health always.  Thank you, Lord too for Jof's birthday.  I hope that he will have more happy birthdays to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment