Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Grateful Domestic Goddess

My real plan was to buy a small notebook where I can jot down things that I want to be thankful for. It doesn’t have to be anything big or life-changing; it can be something trivial like catching the shuttle when I thought I would miss it…or those rare moments when our laundry baskets and clothes hampers are empty which only means that tomorrow I can take a day off from laundry duty…or when Aly comes home from school asking me to make her lemon cupcakes because it means she really loves my baking…those kind of things. It would be like a gratitude journal of sorts. That would be nice now, wouldn’t it? But then I thought: why not come up with another blog instead? It would save paper and I just might be able to inspire other people in the process.

Background kwento: My favorite priests at our parish Church in Ruamrudee are the Nigerian priests because they give the most interesting sermons. There’s one in particular that really got to me and it said something like this: God may not always answer your prayers in the way that you expect, but that doesn’t mean He’s not listening. The first thing that came to my mind was someone I know who has been going through a very difficult time. We are all constantly praying for his problem to be solved, but we're too focused on waiting for this certain solution to come that we failed to see that for him to go through every month with so little even when his needs are very big is a miracle in itself. Without a doubt, God is watching over him.

We sometimes tend to have tunnel vision that we overlook everything else around us. I myself am guilty of being a diva; always asking for things that I forget to appreciate what I already have. It’s time for me to stop complaining and start being grateful even for the smallest things. Join me and my family as we count our blessings and celebrate everything that comes our way, big or small, because being grateful also brings happiness.


2 comments:

  1. I totally agree, Kris! I should do this, too..start being grateful for every single good thing that happens to me...I admit, i find myself complaining about so many things all the time. I should be grateful! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pat! I just read your comment today! My goodness. I think I have to do something with the settings so I get comment alerts. Anyway...thanks and go, go, go!! :)

    ReplyDelete