Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Update on My Lenten Sacrifice

Sometime last March, I told you about my Lenten sacrifice: no make-up shopping and no chocolates for six weeks.  I'm proud to say that I made it!  Ok, I'm going to be honest because I had a slice or two of Aly's birthday cake which was chocolate -- not good quality chocolate cake though ala Polly's so I won't really consider it (ok, excuses).  I also figured it's better to eat some than throw food away right?  That would be a bigger sin.  Anyhoo, other than that, I stayed away from chocolates. As in zero.  Even if I had to buy several packs of Toblerone for pasalubong when we went to Manila for Holy Week.  Even when I was tempted to buy the Hershey's chocolate ice cream in the supermarket during our last day because they don't have it here in BKK and it was my last chance to have it.  Yeah, I pretty much had to have nerves of steel but I'm really proud that I made it through.  So, on Easter Sunday morning, I got this for myself at the airport.
a
a
A box of Droste chocolates.  Yum!
a
a
I think I went a bit overboard because as soon as we arrived at Suvarnabhumi, I bought another pack of chocolates -- Maltesers naman.  Heehee!  Bumabawi...
a
a
As for make-up, it took me another week to buy again and this is what I got:
a
a
Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry.  The SA tried this on me when I had my free facial and I liked it.
a
a
And now for the best part.  Making that sacrifice not only made me lose a little weight (from not eating chocolates), but it also lessened my cravings.  I only eat chocolates like every weekend now.  To think it's so easy to buy since I pass by 7-11 everyday on my way to Aly's school.  Plus, chocolate bars here are cheap, like Thb30 (Php42) is enough to get you a chocolate fix.  But no, I think after six weeks without chocolate, my body was able to trick itself into thinking that I don't need to have it all the time.  I won't say that I will eliminate chocolates completely because that won't be me.  Heehee!
a
a
As for make-up, I now have better control.  No more gigil, no more wanting to buy this -- no more shopping even!!  After the Chubby Stick, I haven't bought anything yet.  Even after making a promise to myself that come Easter Sunday, I will go back to my suking NYX cosmetics seller on eBay to buy more stuff.  I checked her site twice, but I never got around to buying anything.  So yay!!!
a
a
I think I did a great job for a first-timer.  Thank you, Lord for seeing me through and thank you for "healing" me from my product addiction.



1 comment:

  1. the chubby stick is really nice kris, great buy! :) stay pretty!

    ReplyDelete