Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Four-day Getaway

Aly and I just got back from our four-day getaway last night.  It was indeed a getaway in every sense of the word because as you may all know, last week was just ker-razy here in Bangkok.  
a
a
I have so many things to be gratefulful for:  Thank you, Lord for keeping me and my family safe.  I never realized how close we were to danger until my Thai friend called to tell me that the bank right at the farther end of our street was hit by a bomb.  Richard knew that I wasn't too keen on leaving him behind, but when I saw the shattered glass on the pavement the next morning, I knew that my husband made the right call.
a
a
I am also happy that we made it in time for my dad's birthday.  He didn't know that Aly and I were coming home so it was a great surprise.  When I greeted him in the morning, his reply was "hope you, Richard and Aly were here".  Little did he know, Aly and I were already at the airport en route to Manila.  Talk about having his birthday wish granted pronto.  Heehee!
a
a
Our four-day trip was super bitin but I was very happy to be able to spend time with my family, my in-laws and my friends.  I wish we stayed longer, though but no worries because Aly and I will be back soon.
a
a
Last of all, I am thankful to be back in my husband's arms.  How I missed him while we were away.  Sure we'd chat, call and send text messages to each other but nothing beats actually being together.  Truth be told, I was kinda sad that we had to leave Manila so soon, but my excitement to be with Richard outweighed my sadness. I am glad to be back home.
a
a
Speaking of being back, I've got a ton of things to do today: laundry, household chores and it's Aly's sports day today so I need to be there to cheer for her.  Sigh...I am soo back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment