Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pat on the Back


Our first out of town trip when we were still dating.  Galera, May 2007
a
a
Being a housewife is not an easy job.  Ask any of my stay-at-home mommy friends and they will tell you that it's an 18-hour, 7-day-a-week job with no holidays, no sick leaves and no day-offs.  Daig pa talaga ang magtrabaho sa opisina.  That's why I say that I'm not just a housewife; I'm a domestic goddess :D 
a
a
I am lucky to be married to a man who values my work, but I was never really given any affirmation as to how much he appreciates my work until last night.  Richard and I were having our usual pillow talk and our topic was a certain friend of ours who is currently unemployed.  Being the workaholic that he is, Richard was wondering how this friend of ours can just sit around and do nothing all day.  I told him that this person's life is no different from mine: I just stay in the house all day and wait for him and Aly to come home.  But the hubby refused to think that I'm just lazing around and being idle.  He said that my job is not easy.  In fact, I'm always busy: I do the laundry, I clean the house, iron our clothes, blog, cook and buy groceries...
a
a
That was definitely a pat on the back.  Thank you, sweetie for appreciating my work.  It means a lot to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment